Wednesday, September 4, 2013

If you ask me a question, you'll get an honest answer. And you might not like it.

I don't always know the best way to get a point across. The reason?  I'm one of those brutally honest people who tell it like it is.  This doesn't sit well with everyone, as our ability to face the truths we might not want to face, vary from person to person.

You see, the reason most people do not like blunt people like me, is because they want you to tell them what they want to hear.  Not the truth.  The truth is ugly sometimes.



For example, "does this make my butt look big?"  Ok right off, if you're even asking then you already have a clue.  Come on, if you look at yourself in the mirror, how is what you're seeing different from what I am going to see??   And trust me, if it makes your butt look big, I'm going to say that no matter how much  or how little you paid for it, the story is still going to end the same way.

And don't get me started on kids. LOL... Example,  "Here's my 9 month old, isn't he/she precious?"

One of my favorite bloggers, The Precious Princess of Bananaland is famous for saying "I hate kids".  She's hilarious but I can agree with her on  a lot of her observations, if you will.    I have two sons, both grown, whom I love dearly.  But I am way past the toddlers, the teething, the diapers, the bottles, the crying, the tantrums, the no sleeping and all that is involved with very young children.  I've been there, done that, and don't wish to do it again anytime soon.  I'm sure eventually, one or both of my spawn will bestow grandchildren on me, so it will come back around.    haha  :)

Please don't bring them to the restaurant or other public place if they can't behave.  I don't go there to spend money so I can hear your child screaming.  Seriously, I mean that.  I really don't.  Yesthey can be adorable and all sweet.  But kids are cute as long someone else is holding it, and it's quiet.  :)   I do not care to hold germy, sticky babies.  So please don't ask, because I will politely refuse.  And some moms really get offended by this.  Well, too bad.  


Are you feeling me yet on this brutally honest thing yet?   It's a hard thing for people to take sometimes. But I can't be any other way.  I have found it cuts through a lot of BS in some cases.

Now I should say at this point, I have reached that age where I am less concerned with other people's feelings or issues and more concerned with my own happiness and serenity.   I will be 50 next year, and I have spent the majority of my life raising my kids and going through 2 husbands in the process.  I am married to number 3 now.  So you know my life has not been perfect, have never claimed it was.

But here's another kind of honesty for you:   I am fiercely loyal to my friends and family.  I also have issues and hangups just like everyone else.  But if you're my friend, you will find out how I will be there for you when you need it most.  You couldn't ask for someone as ferocious as I am when it comes to standing up for those I love and care about. 


Now that's honesty.  That kind, most people don't have a problem with.  But the funny thing about life, you have to take the good right along with the parts you don't want to hear about, deal with or go through.  So before you ask me that question, make sure you really want the answer.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment